Zero 2 Sixty

"Charity is the opium of the privileged." -Chinua Achebe

Saturday, October 27, 2012

From Zero to Charity

10/27/2012

For nearly a year I've wanted to form a charitable trust.  For a while I have felt compelled to give back to the community in some way, as many people do, but it was only last fall or winter when I decided that a charitable trust would provide the best structure for growing and lasting assistance that we can offer to both local and national causes.

I live in Akron, OH and I am a finance student in the MBA program at the University of Akron.  I have had a very good education, and already have over 3 years experience managing my own personal portfolio.  I want to form this trust, raise funds from like-minded contributors, and use my passion for investments and analytical training to grow a sustainable and profitable portfolio.

I look forward to learning about other charities, fund-raising efforts, and sustainable investment strategies.  I welcome any and all comments, and I look forward to welcoming your contributions in the future.

Brian Anderson

1 comment: